BM Security Ltd is founded in December 1984 with a squad of 25 Security Officers and our first client, Panafric Hotel.1984
- BM provides security for Columbia Pictures during location shooting for Sheena Queen of the Jungle (1984) and Out of Africa (1985).
- Operations start in Nairobi and across outpost stations at Samburu, Suswa, Kajiado, Kilimanjaro and Olkaria.
- BM Security is enlisted by Fedha Towers, The East African Building Society and Citibank (now Citi), which is still our client over 30 years later.
- Trained Dog & Handler services are launched.
The Cash in Transit department is launched. Our stellar record still stands – our vetted professionals have never lost a consignment.1988
The End of an Era
Bob Morgan passes away having contributed positively to public and private security in Kenya.1990
Cedar Morgan becomes Managing Director, continuing her late husband’s legacy.1991
Growing Dog Section
BM Security recruits the former Kenya Police Dog Master and invests in Dog Services with the construction of in-house kennel facilities.1992
Membership to KSIA
Applying international standards to the Kenyan private security industry, BM joins the Kenya Security Industry Association (KSIA) as one of the independent body’s founding members.
As part of the KSIA:
- BM Security is committed to maintaining quality standards and good practices in the industry.
- The company is part of Kenya’s central security organisation for liaison with government, police, emergency services and other entities.
- We have the SIA Quality Seal which distinguishes between companies that meet the standards and pledge to the Charter, and those that do not.
For more information on the KSIA visit www.ksia.co.ke1995
Pension scheme is launched, as well as a free clinic for all employees and their immediate relations.1996
- BM Security invests in a state-of-the-art Training School, facilitating both internal and external training programmes.
- Partnering with the International Security Company of Israel (ISC), the school begins specialised courses including Counter-Terrorism, Diplomatic Security and Investigations.
High-tech, fully secured Command Centre is constructed at Polo Base with a self-contained operational Control Room.2001
The Electronic Frontier
BM Systems Ltd is founded to provide cutting-edge Electronic Security solutions2002
Advanced Discreet Security
Close Personal Protection Services become operational following training by renowned security consulting firm, Nicholls Steyn and Associates (South Africa).2005
- BM Security is named amongst the Top 100 mid-sized firms by KPMG.
- Countrywide Courier Service is launched.
BM Security achieves ISO 9001:2008 certification, attaining international and official recognition in quality management.
Being ISO certified means that:
- We utilise the latest internationally accredited quality management systems
- The company is committed to excellence in service delivery and customer care
- BM Security is dedicated to continuously identifying areas of improvement through liaising with our clients
Sniffer Dog Services are introduced to the BM Security Dog Section to enable detection and tracing of explosives.2013
Mapping the Future
BM Security launches a 3-year Strategic Plan:
Our Value Proposition: We provide security, safety and peace of mind to our clients, combating the risk of external and internal threats to people, money and physical assets, and so far as possible preventing loss.
Strategic Statement: We aim to be the best in everything we do, building our reputation on principles of ethics, responsibility and trust.
- Three classrooms added to the BM Security Training School to meet increased industry demands and professional needs.
- Control Room at Polo Base is rebuilt and redesigned.
- The BM Foundation is established to engage meaningfully with our communities both within and outside the company.